We are a community minded firm. Our partners have a passion for helping the community to succeed.
We at CNB strongly believe in giving back to the community that gives us so much. Since opening the doors in 1983, our team has consistently given back to the community in several ways including monetary donations, holding free tax return preparation clinics and providing our time and expertise to many non-profit organizations.
Our team members have supported the partners’ belief in giving back to our community by actively engaging in approximately 25 different board director positions within our community. CNB also discounts our services to non-profit organizations in the area in recognition of their valuable services to our community. Since 1999, our office and its team members have donated over $230,000 to different charities and non-profits in our community.
Recent Project Involvement
Chan Nowosad Boates (CNB) is constantly working with organizations and groups in and around our Community and the Communities that we serve.
Some of our recent projects that we are proud to be involved with are:
- Donation to the Knights of Columbus Christmas Hamper Fund. CNB collects funds from its employees for monthly Jeans Days. The Partners of the firm match these amounts and at the end of the year the employees of the firm choose a Charity or Group to support. Past groups have included Success by Six and the Campbell River Temporary Homeless Shelter.
- Donation to Success By 6. CNB employees remit fixed amounts from their bi-weekly payroll that at the end of the year the Partners of CNB match. In 2016 CNB and it’s employees contributed $8,353.
- Sponsorship of the We Wai Kai Youth Soccer Teams. CNB was approached to assist the youth soccer teams of the We Wai Kai Nation and took this as an opportunity to help a group that provides an opportunity for youth of our community to not only participate locally but travel throughout the Island and BC.
- Sponsorship of the Campbell River Hospice House Building Fund. The Partners of CNB were proud to contribute $10,000 to support the development and construction of the planned Campbell River Hospice House.
- CNB holds annual Free Tax Clinic’s, completing tax returns for free for low income individuals in the communities of Campbell River, Alert Bay and Port Hardy. CNB on an annual basis completes over 300+ tax returns for low income seniors and other individuals so that they can receive and qualify for GST and other credits that require the filing of a tax return.
CNB is proud to be involved in several other ongoing Projects in the Communities that we work in. It is important to us that we give back to the Communities that we live and work in.
Sponsorship & Volunteers
CNB staff and partners are involved with several organizations throughout the Communities we operate in, donating their time and in some instances, personal funds to those organizations. Some of the organizations that our staff are involved with and their roles with those organizations are:
- Chair of North Island College – Derek Lamb
- Treasurer of Sexual Wellness and Education Society of Campbell River – Shelly Boates
- Treasurer of Campbell River Hospice Society – Karen Stewart
- Literacy Director of Campbell River Daybreak Rotary – Erica Chan-Lafrance
- Member of the City of Campbell River Community Partnership Committee – Danna Chan
- Member of Campbell River Daybreak Rotary – Cathy Voth
- Treasurer of Campbell River Wado Karate – Erin Yancey
- Director of Discovery Passage Sealife Society – Amanda Striga
- Treasurer of Campbell River Chamber of Commerce – Julie Chenard
- Director of Young Professionals of Campbell River – Karen Stewart
- Treasurer of Campbell River Old timers 55 Hockey Club – Dennis Berntson
- Chair of John Perkins Society – Derek Lamb
- Director of MISA – Cathy Voth
- Treasurer of Discovery Passage Sealife Society – Erica Chan-Lafrance
- Treasurer of Campbell River Art Gallery – Karen Stewart
- Intermediate Group Rider Organizer of River City Cycle Club – Megan Clayton
- Member of Impact Council of United Way – Danna Chan
- Member of Campbell River Noon Rotary – Derek Lamb
- Canadian Coordinator of Rotary District 5020 Youth Exchange Committee – Erica Chan-Lafrance
- Campbell River Athletics Association (Rugby) Coach – Steve Majoros
- Treasurer of the Forest Circle Child Care Society – Steve Majoros
- Treasurer of Syrian Refugee Association – Derek Lamb